Now that you have read the course content, the next step to serving as an evaluator for the Fire & Safety Division is to complete a proctored 40-question multiple choice exam.
Submit your application and supporting documents to be accepted as a JIBC Certified Evaluator.
Step 1 – Complete the Application Form
- In order to complete the application:
- Use your computer. The form may not open on mobile devices (iPads, tablets, mobile phones).
- Make sure you have Adobe Reader DC (or higher) already installed on your computer. If not, download Adobe Reader DC for free. Adobe has help for solving common issues.
- You must save the file on your computer in a place you can remember.
- Open the file on your computer using Adobe Reader DC (or higher).
- Complete the application and then save the form to your computer.
- Attach the form to an email and email to: email@example.com
- Download and save the Evaluator Application Form.
- Attach supporting documents to the application
- New Evaluators
- CV or Resume showing proof of Fire Service experience (min. of 5 years) and Subject Matter Expertise (to at least a level higher than you are applying to evaluate)
- Proof of NFPA 1041 Fire Service Instructor I
- Proof of a minimum of 3 years teaching or instructional experience
- Letter of support and reference from your fire department
- Re-certification for Current Evaluators (every 3 years)
- Evaluators are required to perform a minimum of four (4) documented evaluations/year
- Evaluators should keep a log or documentation of evaluations performed, as proof may be required for re-certification
- New Evaluators
- Submit your application with supporting evidence
- Application will be reviewed by the JIBC FSD staff
- Once accepted, JIBC FSD staff will notify you about the registration and exam process.
- Your exam will be scheduled and the assigned proctor will be sent the exam access information and proctor agreement for online exam.
- Complete online exam. You will need a minimum passing grade of 75% in order to be certified.
- JIBC FSD staff will add you to the JIBC Certified Evaluator Registry
- JIBC FSD Program Manager/Coordinator will contact you with information about evaluations for the area you are certified
- Congratulations! You are now a JIBC Certified Evaluator
- Remember to re-certify in three (3) years!